Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Beginnings.

I've decided it's time to break my duck egg.  I haven't posted here for a long time. I haven't had writers block. It has crossed my mind on a few occasions to post, to share some of the sillier things that are going on in my life but I could not seem to summon either the energy or the interest.

Over the past six months I have spent far less time on the internet and a lot more time reading books. I have always read, I used to read at a fast and furious pace, if on holidays I read a book in a day and a half at most, but once I started blogging I read far less novels as most of my spare time was devoted to blog reading. I loved the peek into other peoples lives but at the same time missing the complete immersion into the lives of fictional characters that  good novel brings.

There were several reasons for me forsaking my blog, the main one being too much going on in my personal life that I would not blog about. 2012 has not been a good year for me and yet it has brought many treasurable moments with it.

One of the main factors for not returning to blogging was the time element. Not the time it took to write a post but the time involved in reading others posts. I felt  guilt  in not reading other blogs I followed. It seemed so wrong in not getting around to reading everyone else's post. The struggle for balance was difficult and ongoing. Like most other people these days I struggle to balance time, time for family, time for work and time for myself.

But as the urge to set down the stories - of raging toothache in Seville, a warning to others about crossing a crazy Irishwoman, what happens when you push a car downhill at night, achieving film star status in Turkey and bringing together friends old and new - gets stronger I have decided to return to blogging as I began.....for my own amusement.

I have decided to start writing again, to tell my stories, for me. I also hope to get back to my blog reading but  in moderation. First things first. It's time to hit the keyboard.

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. I just started reading your blog and you disappeared. Looking forward to the film star in Turkey one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome back. I think lying down in the middle of the road at night will be more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back on the horse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.