Thursday, October 1, 2015

Room with a View.

Yesterday, my friend Kathleen and I set off on our big adventure. I had been planning a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia for over a year. I had planned a solo trip but then Kathleen decided to celebrate a significant birthday by joining me.

We then tweaked the original itinerary, a 17 day/ 16 night tour of Vietnam and Cambodia, a GrabOne Voucher, with the help of the ever patient Mr. Anthony of Go Asia Travel, until we ended up with a glorious 5 week trip of a lifetime.

 On the first leg of our journey, we flew from Dublin to Istanbul. It is Kathleen's first time in the city. Therefore I presented her with her birthday present, a room with a view. Of course this was a "rebound" present as I get to share the room too.

Aya Sofya

The Blue Mosque
Interestingly, I discovered I felt the holiday begins for me tonight when we fly to Bangkok. Flying into Istanbul, I just felt I was coming home.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful night shots Mary, and what a great time of the year for travelling. I feel sure Kathleen liked her first taste of Istanbul and doubtless she will be back for a more extensive trip. I can't wait to read and see the photos of the next leg of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to lots of brilliant photographs Mary. No pressure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.