We upload a new post every Tuesday and Friday. But all I have done is make excuses for the last couple of weeks. I have reposted a couple of old posts begging forgiveness and pleading a heavy schedule. None of it lies but I hate making excuses. I was sure that once I had passed the magic date of July 1st, everything would fall into place and I would have lots of time. I'm feeling kind of grumpy but am fed up of complaining.
My week has not gone as planned. I have entertained notions of double homicide hoping to plea bargain it to justifable manslaughter. I have only managed twice to get to the swimming pool twice and no chance yet to get to the beach. The days have been a round of cleaning the house, sorting house insurance, opening a new bank account etc. There are still some jobs remaining but please God they will be finished by Friday.
On the other hand:
- The weekly market which used to be a five minute walk down and an optimistic 10 minute hike back up the hill ,with several kilos of fresh vegetables and fruit on my back, is now just over the road.
- The weather is beautiful, uninterrupted blue skies, I have forgotten what the colour grey looks like.
- The house insurance is paid.
- The new bank account has been opened.
- My fridge is stocked with home-made lemonade, freshly squeezed orange juice and lovely juicy cherries.
- We have received funding for a new "Comenius" project. This is a funded project for European schools to work together. All but one of the schools in our group got approval so for the next two years my school will work with schools in England,Poland Spain and Turkey. Unfortunately the Bulgarian school did not received funding. Our project is called "Our Place in Space" and we have a programme planned for the next two years. As project co-ordinator I will travel to all these schools over the next two years:-))
- I wake up to this view every morning
- In spite of supreme provocation,the Sis-in-law is still alive but Hubbies days are numbered. On opening our new bank account today we were informed we had to make a one-off payment for insurance. This is mandatory for all new accounts. I pricked my ears up when I heard there was a death benefit. The bank teller was quick to reassure Hubbie that he was safe, the benefit is 10,000tl, at present rates this is just over €4,000. But who knows, this would still keep me for the best part of a year here if I lived quietly.