Monday, September 12, 2011

Liebster Award!


I am beginning to get a swollen head. In the past month I was nominated for "My Seven Deadly Links" by Penelope Pennie James of Don't Hang Up and Joy Page Manuel of  Catharis. Then I was awarded my Second Versatile Blogger award by Janine Ripper of Reflections from a redhead.com
This has just been followed by the Liebster Award by French Yummy Mummy, Muriel of 40blogSpot
The award rules are as follows.

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet—other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma. 

So thank you Muriel. I appreciate your recommendation. I started writing this blog for fun and to record my travels and never imagined many people reading it. I am truly chuffed by the recommendations I've received. I'd like to think I received this one for my yoga moves 
Here are my five recommendations in no particular order:

Cathy Jones Title at ~just my thoughts Cathy is my all time favourite blogger. Cath's thoughts never fail to inspire awe at her talent for writing and photography as well as her wonderful sense of humour.

On the Ege at http://turkeywithstuffin.wordpress.com/ This is the blog of a "yabanci gelin, a foreign bride" who has a passion for travel and adventure, especially off the beaten track in Turkey.

For the foodies out there, this newly discovered blog Kathy at Carano's Cucina Her Arancini will make your mouth water.

A new discovery for me is Lynn Biederstadt's Sky Diaries Lynn is passionate about writing. Her blog is the story of her journey with the nature of writing.

And finally, another newly discovered blog for me Just stuff from a Boomer


Read, enjoy and pass on the love. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, first for stopping my my little blog and secondly for this wonderful award. I had not seen it before so I did a little research and discovered it's a nice way for us newer bloggers to honor each other.

    I will absolutely pass it on in a couple of days to some other newbies.

    I noticed you had a few Kathys in for nominations, and I'm another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I am so humbled that I am almost speechless...almost being the operative word here. I want to tell you thanks so much and I look forward to responding to the Liebster Award.

    I have loved your blog since the first time I read it and looked at your magnificent photos. You turn travel into such a fun adventure!

    ~cath xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again for all the awards! You are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much :-) After that I ended up writing war and peace from my soapbox!! Nice to come across you and looking forward to more of your tales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! The awards are going around the club strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Well done ...Nice that you acknowledge others as well.

    Blog on ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.