As for my award I'm wondering is it Versatile Blogger Mark 2 or Versatile Blogger 2. There's a world of difference. Perhaps I received this award for how versatile I am with the English language. In spite of frequent editing, I remain queen of typos and have invented a whole new version of the language to include new grammar rules, especially those pertaining to commas,,,,,,,,, Definitely versatile I think!!
Everything comes at a price! As part of Award I must:
- Thank the person who gave me the award. Thank you Janine. I do appreciate it. It is always nice to be recognized.
- Share 7 things about myself
- Pass the Award onto 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know (Whoa, this really is Mark 2, the last time I got this award it was 7 blogs.)
- I've been in school since I was four and I'm still in Junior Infants. I've managed to get into higher classes. I even went to college, but now I'm back in Junior Infants with the four year olds. I'm actually on the other side of the desk now. Well, a lot of the time I'm on the floor and wondering how I'll get back up.
- I took up Hatha Yoga this summer - this will definitely be the subject of a later post. Just wait until you see the photos. Am I versatile or what?
- I have five brothers and I am an only girl. I always wanted a sister and Dad sure tried hard but all I got was a younger brother! Hence, I grew up with a Princess Complex. I'm definitely more comfortable in the company of men than women.
- I was an entrepreneur at the age of 6. I had three "Auntie Nuns" and an uncle a priest - my Dad's family. (You can see why he had to have 5 sons to keep the family name alive.) In spite of repeated warnings not to ask for money in front of friends, one day when my friend Helen arrived, I asked Mum for money to buy sweets. Well let's just say she was not versatile, she was volatile. There was an almighty explosion. To cut a long story short, I collected up all the "God Bless Baby" pictures that were beautifully handstitched and went door to door selling them. There were quite a few, 3 auntie nuns, 6 kids. You can do the maths. We had a party, we bought the sweets and ate them. But someone snitched. End of my entrepreneurial career as well as no pocket money for a month.
- I'm an avid reader. Until I took up blogging I always had my nose stuck in a book. Now it's usually stuck in the computer. But I got off to a slow start. I moved school at the age of 7 and couldn't read like the other kids could. Dad took me in hand, I caught up and took off. I had my bedside lamp taken from me for a week at the age of 10. I got caught reading Enid Blyton's "Hollow Tree House" at four o'clock in the morning.
- I'm a stubborn old git. If I want something, I keep looking for a way to get it or to make it happen. If I'm right (and I always am) I won't let go. I will listen. If you can persuade me I'm wrong, okay, but you will have your work cut out for you. You better be a trained barrister, prepared to argue the hind leg off a dog, because you are wrong to start with!
- I think I'm Jekyll and Hyde. I love to celebrate, to live life to have fun, but on one condition, that built into every day there is time and space to be alone and quiet for a little while.
On consideration of all of the above, I am definitely verbose, oops sorry versatile. Now that is definitely enough about me. I'm going to cheat on the next bit. Some of the blogs that I would have chosen have been "hijacked" by my blogging buddies who got there first. Some of the blogs that I'm going to recommend don't accept awards but they are well worth dropping by. So instead to giving them the award, I'm giving them my recommendation. So in no particular order:
- Stella at Blogging my Proclivities you can follow her trials and tribulations as she starts over.
- Eric at I've become my parents Eric doles out advice to his son, he can learn from his father because with the passing years no matter how hard he tried Eric has turned into his own father!
- Pearl at Pearl, Why you little....... Pearl doesn't accept awards due to time constraints but please drop by, you won't be disappointed
- Larry at Larry's Photo a Day for a pure visual feast.
- Eva at Wrestling with Retirement If you're feeling blue and need cheering up, this is definitely the place to stop by. Eva also doesn't accept awards any more,
- Val at Unbagging the Cats Val was a high school Valedictorian and then became a teacher.
- Tiffany at http://raisingpaityn.blogspot.com/ Tiffany's blog is a record of raising her daughter.
- Harry at Dribbling Pensioner shares his thoughts - when he can remember them
- Nancy at Blissed out Grandma She looks after the grandchildren five days a week.
- Nicki at Coming Home Nicki is a Mum of four, one of whom she adopted in the Philippines
- Kate at Hotdishing Kate is a faculty member at Mesa Community College Arizona and in addition to her daily routine likes to bare her soul in her blog.
- Nikki at Raising Marshmallows Follow Nikki's thoughts as she raises her children.
- Kara at Scattered Joy. Kara is an eternal optimist who likes to share her joy with others
- Gattina at Writer Cramps. for those with "itchy feet" she also writes Countries and Cities.
- Inka at GlamourGranny Travels Inka switched careers from being an international attorney to free lance travel writer and photographer.